Cinnamon, ginger, and pears! This is a trifecta of awesomeness I’m telling you. Awesomeness.
Not only do these 3 flavors on their own just scream “Fall”, they work wonderfully together in these yummy little energy bites and each flavor truly stands out!
Who loves homemade energy bars/balls/bites as much as I do, seriously?! I’ve made A LOT of these bad boys in the last year…
…to name a few! 🙂
I just love how combining 1 cup of dates, with 1 cup of nuts, with 1 cup of something else (other dried fruit, shredded fresh fruit, puree, etc, etc,) and then whatever other little healthy flavors your heart desires makes a healthy, tasty, easy (and cheap!) energy ball/bar/bite!
I came up with the idea for these ones at a recent grocery store trip. I was in the bulk section and eyed the dried pears (YUM)… I instantly thought energy ball/bar/bite, and I brainstormed what would go great with the pears!
Ginger.. and …cinnamon!
As quickly as I thought up the idea was it to throw everything into the ol’ food processor and let the idea come to life!
These bites are loaded with nutrients and energy to keep you going mid day, pre-workout, or as part of a quick on-the-go breakfast!
I rolled the balls in some extra ground cinnamon and ginger to make a bit of a coating and intensify the delicious flavors even more. It’s hard to make these last, they are so yummy!
What is your favorite energy ball/bar/bite combo??
- 1 cup dried pears
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup oats(gluten free if needed)
- ¼ cup vanilla whey protein powder (substitute with additional ¼ cup oats if vegan or if you do not wish to have protein powder in these)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon raw almond butter
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until a thick batter is formed. (this took me about 4 minutes of processing).
- With wet hands roll 1 ounce portions of the batter into balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Make 18 balls and place the cookie sheet in the freezer.
- Allow 1 hour for the bites to set!
- (Store bites in the fridge or freezer)
Oooo…. so one more very exciting thing!
NEXT WEEK my new blog design will be launching!
There are a lot of new things I’m excited about and I’m so ready for a fresh, new look for the blog!
I’ll also be introducing Sponsor space finally!!
Soooo… here’s just a little sneak peek of the new look…
Isn’t it PRETTY!?
Nutritionist in the Kitch