You know when you spend an hour writing a wonderful post to go along with a delicious and awesome recipe and then you accidentally press something and it disappears and to much of your clicking, panicking, and dismay – it just doesn’t come back?
Yeah, that just happened.
Drat. (a nice version of the actual word that escaped my mouth)
I don’t even remember what I wrote because I was totally “in the zone” and I feel like anything I could attempt to replicate just wouldn’t work. So, just take a little time, scroll through the photos of this super yummy sesame chia crusted tuna poke (which I made whilst dreaming of our upcoming Hawaii trip – eek!).
I’m throwin’ in the towel for the night and not writing another word.
- 10oz sushi grade ahi tuna, seasoned lightly with salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ mango, diced
- ½ avocado, diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 wedge lime
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Place the sesame and chia seeds on a plate and spread around. Lay the tuna on the plate and press down to coat, flip, and repeat. This will make a nice little crust.
- Heat a non-stick pan at high heat, once hot, sear the tuna for 30 seconds on each side and remove from heat, then dice the tuna.
- Layer the diced fruit/vegetables on a plate, and top with the diced ahi tuna.
- Whisk the dressing in a bowl, and drizzle over the tuna plate.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro and a dash of sesame seeds.
- Squeeze the juice of a lime wedge and enjoy!
Ok. I lied, I will write a few more words!
About the very exciting launch of my NITK Guides Series! I’ll be publishing healthy, applicable, guides pertaining to certain nutrition and health topics this year that you can use to reshape your health! The first is the NITK Digestion Reset Guide! This guide is perfect for anyone who feels they could use a reset button to push on their digestive system! Do you often feel gassy, bloated, constipated, tired, get headaches, or have skin/complexion issues? This guide is a definite must! Stay tuned for the release of the first guide coming very soon!
Nutritionist in the Kitch