This delicious and easy apple greens smoothie is perfect for a quick breakfast or a healthy post-workout snack. It’s gluten free and dairy free, can easily be vegan, and it’s packed with green goodness. Inspired by the Jamba Juice Apple N’ Greens smoothie, you’ll love this healthy twist!
Apple Greens Smoothie in Minutes
It’s time for another simple, delicious, and healthy smoothie recipe!
This sweet and fruity apple greens smoothie is packed with a mix of whole food ingredients containing carbohydrates and proteins, with loads of micronutrients (vitamins and minerals). The kale and apple are the star ingredients and apple is the dominating flavour (you can barely taste any kale at all!).
This smoothie is inspired by the Jamba Juice Apple N’ Greens smoothie, so if you are reading this you are probably either looking for a recipe for the Jamba version, or just a smoothie that combines apple with greens!
Absolutely! Green smoothies are fantastic for your health and are a great way to get in those fruits and vegetables especially if you don’t love eating veggies in other kinds of meals.
Spinach and kale both have a ton of nutrients and health benefits, so they makes a great healthy addition to many smoothies and won’t affect the overall flavour very much at all.
Often commercial/restaurant smoothies can be very high in sugars from sweetened juices, so I chose to swap out much of the juice for actual fruit, which reduces the overall sugar content, and brings in protein for macronutrient balance.
How To Make Step By Step
|Making this smoothie is an incredibly simple process…it is a smoothie after all!
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Add the kale to the bottom of the blender, then add in the frozen fruit, and apple.
2. Next, pour in the apple juice.
3. Lastly, add the collagen.
4. Put on the lid and blend on low, increasing the speed to high and blend until completely smooth. You will see little red bits of apple skin, that’s ok!
5. Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.
Have you ever made a smoothie with apple and greens? What’s your favorite combination? Tell me about it in the comments and be sure to pin the photo below the recipe to save this one for later.
More Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love:
- Creamy Blueberry Avocado Smoothie
- Best Green Spirulina Smoothie
- 8 Unreal Vegetable Smoothies To Try
- Fresh Lemon Ginger Detoxifying Smoothie
- Easy Peanut Butter Acai Bowl