These healthy vegan blondies are super fudgy, chewy, gooey on the inside, and perfectly crunchy on the outside! They are made with whole-food ingredients and are dairy free, gluten free, and totally plant-based.
Fudgy, Chewy, Perfect Vegan Blondies
There’s something really special about a brownie. The crunchy, slightly crackled top, and then the decadent, ooey-gooey, chewy, fudgy inside. Did you know this exact texture is totally achievable with a “blondie” too? These vegan blondies are so delicious with the most incredible flavour and texture, and to top it off, they are made with healthy, whole food ingredients!
Whether you are craving a sweet snack, or want to Wow a crowd, these blondies are a must.
What is a blondie?
Everyone has heard of a brownie, but a blondie? Maybe not!
No, we aren’t talking about hair color here. A blondie is essentially a vanilla version of a brownie, with all the fudgy goodness and less or no chocolate involved. This tasty dessert bar often contains similar ingredients as a brownie including flour, butter, eggs, and baking powder, but it has a lighter appearance, and can also contain added ingredients like nuts or chocolate chips.
Vegan blondies are made without the eggs and butter, but can be just as unhealthy as a traditional blondie depending on the other ingredients used. My vegan blondies are made with unrefined, whole food ingredients… but you’d never know they are healthier!
Ingredients for Vegan Blondies
These delicious and incredibly easy vegan blondies are made with only 7 main ingredients. That’s it, that’s all my friends! While I’m sure you could find a ton of variations for vegan blondies out in the blogosphere, I think keeping it simple is sometimes the best approach.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Blanched almond flour
- Tapioca starch
- Coconut palm sugar
- Smooth almond butter
- Baking powder
- Dark chocolate chips (dairy free, vegan)
- Fine sea salt
The almond flour and tapioca create a chewy and fudgy consistency and the coconut palm sugar brings in the perfect amount of unrefined sweetness. The almond butter adds extra fudgy richness to these blondies and the added dark chocolate chips are the “cherry on top”.
Blondie Add-Ins or Swaps/Substitutions:
I love how versatile these simple vegan blondies are. If you are a fan of extra texture or different flavours you can play around with the optional additions or swaps below!
- Swap the almond butter for peanut butter or cashew butter
- Swap smooth almond butter for crunchy almond butter for extra texture
- Add in 1/4 cup crumbled walnuts for a nutty twist
- Add in 1/4 cup hemp seeds for extra protein and texture
How To Make Vegan Blondies
Making these delicious blondies is a really easy process. There are only a few simple steps to follow and you don’t need a whole lot of time.
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Preheat the oven and line a, 8″ loaf or square pan with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the almond flour, tapioca starch, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add in the almond butter and water and mix well.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Press the blondie batter evenly into the pan, pressing the top lightly.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick pulls clean at the centre.
7. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting and enjoying!
These blondies are seriously so incredible! If you are a fan of sweet treats, you’ll absolutely love this twist on a traditional brownie!
Do you have an extra 15 minutes to whip up these blondies today? Tell me how they work out in the comments and be sure to pin the photo below the recipe to save this one for later!
More Sweet Treats You’ll Love:
- Healthy Almond Flour Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Snickers Protein Bar
- Healthy Chocolate Cookies
- Easy & Healthy Peach Cobbler Recipe
Have a great weekend!
Christal // NITK