This delicious dairy free, gluten free, vegan homemade coconut peanut butter takes less than 10 minutes to make in a food processor. The toasted coconut and vanilla adds amazing flavour to regular peanut butter!
Easy & Delicious Peanut Butter with Coconut
Over the past several months I have been enjoying creating simple “How-To” recipes like homemade Vitamix peanut butter, seed butter, nut milk, granola, celery juice, etc. Today I’m adding to the list with this easy homemade coconut peanut butter that can become a staple in every house (given there are no peanut allergies of course!).
This easy coconut peanut butter is made with just 4 main ingredients. Dry roasted unsalted peanuts and toasted unsweetened coconut flakes are the main ingredients, and then there are a couple other ingredients added for extra flavour!
The key to making smooth, homemade creamy peanut butter in a food processor is to use dry-roasted or raw unsalted peanuts and not peanuts that have been seasoned with added salt or other flavours.
How To Make Peanut Butter in a Food Processor
When making coconut peanut butter in a food processor, be sure to follow the steps below to get the best consistency. If you are adding in any other ingredients such as my suggested add-ins, wait until the peanut butter is completely smooth in the processor, then add and give a whirl to incorporate the additional ingredients.
- Use dry-roasted or raw, unsalted peanuts
- Use at least 2 cups in the food processor (I use the Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor and I LOVE IT (affiliate link))
- Toast the coconut flakes in a pan over medium heat until just lightly browned.
- Process the coconut on high for 5 seconds, then add in the peanuts.
- Process on high for about 2 minutes until smooth.
- Add in the coconut palm sugar and vanilla and process again for 10 seconds.
If you are using a sharp, good quality food processor, you will be amazed at how quickly the peanuts and coconut turn into a silky smooth coconut peanut butter right before your eyes!
Yummy Coconut Peanut Butter Flavour Add-Ins:
This coconut peanut butter recipe is super simple so if you feel like you want to add a little extra flair to this version, here are some great flavour (and texture) add-ins to mix into your peanut butter once it’s smooth.
- chopped peanuts (stir in after to create a “crunchy” version rather than smooth)
- seed mix (chia, pumpkin, hemp, sesame, etc. stir in about 1/4 cup to create a thick, seeded peanut butter)
- maca powder
- cocoa powder
- chopped dark chocolate
How To Enjoy Coconut Peanut Butter
There are so many ways to enjoy this delicious and easy homemade peanut butter recipe. Here’s some inspiration:
- Slathered over your favourite grainy toast
- Squished between pitted dates for a quick snack
- Used in a cookie recipe that contains peanut butter
- Added to a smoothie or smoothie bowl
- Used in peanut butter energy balls or homemade peanut butter cups
- In a savoury recipe like this Sheet-Pan Thai Peanut Curry Bowl
How Long Does Homemade Peanut Butter Last?
When it comes to the storage and keeping of your peanut butter, it’s recommended to keep it in the fridge in a glass jar or Tupperware container and give it a good stir every week or so to keep the oil from separating and the peanut butter from drying out. You can keep the peanut butter in the fridge for up to 3 months (but I guarantee it won’t last you that long!!).
I hope you have enjoyed this little tutorial on how to make the easiest homemade coconut peanut butter and you are excited to try it out on your own! Be sure to pin the photo below the recipe and save this one for later!
Thoughts on combining and mixing together pre-made raw coconut butter and with organic already made peanut butter to get the same flavor? I wanted to see if that was possible or if you’ve tried it or will try? Thanks for your recipe, love the add-in ideas
Hmmm! I have not tried this but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Maybe just use an immersion blender to get it really well combined and smooth!
I can’t wait to try this!! And with all the variations!
Yay! Enjoy girl!