These simple and delicious almond flour blueberry muffins are fully, moist, easy to make, dairy free, grain free, gluten free, and vegetarian. A perfect healthy snack idea!
Photography by Jaia Taboada for Nutrition in the Kitch
Fluffy & Healthy Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins
What a better way to start the month than with some light, fluffy, airy, and moist blueberry muffins! These delicious muffins make the perfect healthy snack, addition to breakfast or brunch, or even midnight treat… nobody is judging here.
When it comes to muffins there is a lot of variety out there. While generally though of as a healthy food, there are healthy muffins and others that are basically cupcakes masquerading as muffins. You know the ones I’m talking about — made with refined flours, loads of white sugar, and other processed ingredients. These almond flour blueberry muffins are legitimately healthy and very, very delicious.
Using Almond Flour in Baking
Almond flour has gained popularity over the past few years and you can now find tons of baked goodies made with this grain free, gluten free nut flour. Also called “almond meal”, almond flour is loaded with nutrients including magnesium, vitamin E, protein, and healthy fats.
When used in baking almond flour brings in a wonderful texture and lovely nutty flavour and it can be used for any of the following:
All Day I Dream About Food has a great article on baking with almond flour and tips for success!
Ingredients in Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins
To make these delicious almond flour blueberry muffins you will need less than 10 ingredients and all are gluten free, grain free, and dairy free. These healthy muffins are also made with unrefined sugar for natural sweetness that won’t spike blood sugar levels!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Almond flour (also called almond meal, I recommend Bob’s Red Mill brand)
- Tapioca flour (Bob’s Red Mill or Let’s Do Organic are good brands)
- Coconut palm sugar
- Unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice
- Coconut oil or avocado oil
- Pure vanilla extract
- Eggs (preferably organic, free range)
- Baking powder
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins:
These tasty muffins are versatile and can be enjoyed in other ways if you want to switch them up for the day or for the season! Whether it’s changing up the flavour or texture with different add-ins you can definitely get creative.
Here are some delicious variations you can try:
- Raspberry or Strawberry: swap out the blueberries for other berries of choice such as raspberries or strawberries
- Banana: swap out the blueberries with diced bananas
- Chocolate Chip: Omit the blueberries and swap with dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Pumpkin Spice: Omit the blueberries and add in 1/4 cup of pure pumpkin puree and 1 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp each of nutmeg and ginger, and 1/4 tsp of cloves
- Almond Butter Crumble: Top the muffins with a drizzle of almond butter and a sprinkle of your favorite gluten free granola
Are you convinced to try these lovely little muffins yet? There’s nothing more irresistible than a perfectly baked muffin with a crispy top and fluffy and tender middle!
Have you tried muffins made with almond flour? Tell me about it in the comments and be sure to pin the photo below the recipe to save this one for later!
Have a wonderful day!
Christal // NITK