This post has been created in partnership with iHerb.
Full Holiday Mode has commenced! My house is decorated, the Christmas jazz has been on repeat, I have most of my gift shopping done (I’m not a rockstar, we just happen to pick names for most of our family members so it makes getting gifts pretty quick and streamlined!), and I’ve already been to a couple fun holiday themed events.
You guys, I’m in the zone.
I’ve also been whipping up some cheery goodies in the kitch and coming at you today are these amazingly delicious, simple and healthy gingerbread pancakes!
This recipe is a festive spin off of my Bumbleberry Paleo Pancakes that I created with the help of iHerb! iHerb is definitely an amazing source for many things, but if you need some good pancake ingredients and toppings they’ve got you covered. If you aren’t familiar with iHerb, you should be! They are a global leader in providing an amazing selection of natural products (at a great value!) and offer a triple guarantee to ensure 100% satisfaction. They guarantee value, quality, and delivery all around the world, including Canada, which is great for me as I can get so many health food products on iHerb that I simply cannot find locally.
For these healthy gingerbread pancakes I used paleo-friendly flours, coconut and almond, along with the essential gingerbread ingredients; molasses, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg, and pure vanilla extract, all of which I ordered from iHerb. I also snagged some seriously delicious and amazing healthier pancake toppings including agave caramel (this stuff is unreal!!), pure maple syrup, natural cranberry and blueberry fruit spread, apple butter, and swerve powdered sweetener.
The pancake ingredients along with all of the yummy topping options would make the perfect gift for anyone in your family or a friend who loves to cook (or just to eat good food). I love the idea of giving a gift that can be enjoyed through eating, don’t they say that’s the way to most peoples hearts?? Plus, by giving a healthy gift basket with delicious natural and organic gingerbread pancake ingredients along with this recipe printed off , you’ll also be encouraging healthier eating to whomever you are gifting it to, and they’ll be none the wiser! This recipe is definitely going to be the Christmas morning breakfast choice for our family…Hemsley (my somewhat picky toddler) loved these pancakes.
When I was creating this recipe, I had to go back and test a few times with the amount of ginger and molasses. Both have a stronger flavour so I didn’t want to go overboard, but I found that with these pancakes I was able to get away with adding quite a bit of both ingredients to really make that true gingerbread flavour shine though without being overpowering.
The combination of the rich spices, nutty flours, touch of sweetness, and cranberries is delightful and there are no refined sugars in sight! The healthy gingerbread pancakes are a great source of omega-rich fats, fibre, and vitamins and minerals.
I don’t know what you have planned to serve for Christmas morning but if you are still trying to decide (or even if you already have), these healthy gingerbread pancakes are definitely a must-make. I mean, if they look that good, imagine how yummy they taste!
Be sure to head over to iHerb to browse all of their goodies (they carry over 30,000 brand name natural products) and get a discount off your iHerb order! They have a special December promo for new customers (it ends December 24th!), get $10 off your order of $40 or more, just click this link!
If you are still looking for gift inspiration, take a look below at how I packed all of these lovely gingerbread pancake ingredients into a pretty Christmas gift basket finished with a big bow. Find all the ingredients you need to make your own basket like this over on iHerb!
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1½ tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup frozen cranberries
- Optional Toppings: (choose any of the following)
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons agave caramel dipping sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons natural cranberry and blueberry fruit spread
- 1-2 tablespoons apple butter
- 1-2 teaspoons Swerve powdered sweetener
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the eggs, applesauce, almond milk, molasses, pure maple syrup, and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- In another bowl combine the coconut flour, almond flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with the coconut oil.
- Pour ¼ cup portions of the batter onto the pan and cook each pancake for 2 minutes, or until slightly bubbling, then flip, cooking for another 1-2 minutes on the there side.
- Repeat to make about 8 pancakes.
- Warm the cranberries in a pan over low heat until soft, or microwave on high for 40 seconds.
- Stack pancakes (4 per serving) and top with the warm cranberries and maple syrup or agave caramel, cranberry fruit spread, apple butter, or a combination of the toppings, then sprinkle with the powdered sweetener.
Don’t forget to pin the photo below to save this recipe for later and of course, share the love!
Have a wonderful Sunday,
Christal // NITK