I hope everyone who was celebrating in the US enjoyed a wonderful, spectacular, lovely Thanksgiving! Now that Thanksgiving is over for all of us, it’s time to really focus on Christmas!
One of my favourite Christmas flavours is gingerbread. There’s something about the mixture of sweet, spicy, and a little savoury that I just can’t get enough of.
This incredible love for gingerbread shouldn’t come as a surprise if you’ve been reading the blog for some time. I’ve posted many gingerbread-inspired recipes in the past including two kinds of gingerbread balls, here, and here, and gingerbread fudge, gingerbread squares, ginger(snap) cookies, and gingerbread oatmeal.
Yes, it’s safe to say I’m a gingerbread fan.
This year, I decided to create that lovely gingerbread flavour in a simple pudding topped with crunchy granola, juicy blackberries and pomegranate, and banana.
The pudding is made with organic non-GMO tofu and is thick, creamy, and full of gingerbread flavour from the addition of mineral-rich molasses, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and of course, cinnamon.
If you aren’t a tofu fan, you can easily swap out the tofu in this recipe for plain Greek yogurt and make gingerbread yogurt to be topped with your favourite granola and the fruit.
This dish is filling, festive, and a simple way to start the day. The tofu (or Greek yogurt) provides protein, and healthy fats, and the granola brings in complex carbohydrates for energy!
I recommend making the gingerbread pudding the night before to save time, then pop it in the fridge overnight and in the morning simply scoop into a bowl and finish with the toppings.
Are you a fan of gingerbread flavour? How do you enjoy this tasty holiday flavour outside of just a simple gingerbread cookie? I’d love to read about it in the comments below!
- Gingerbread Pudding:
- 1 package organic non-GMO medium-firm tofu (350g) or 350g of plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 heaping teaspoon unsulphured molasses
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup your favourite granola (gluten free if needed), divided
- ¼ banana, sliced, divided
- ¼ cup blackberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils, divided
- 1 tablespoon crushed graham crackers, divided (optional) (gluten free if needed)
- Create the pudding by adding all of the ingredients to food processor.
- Process for 30 seconds on high, scrape the sides with a spatula, and process again in 30 second intervals, scraping the sides, until the pudding is completely smooth.
- Divide the pudding between two bowls.
- Top the pudding in each bowl with the granola, blackberries, banana, pomegranate, and crushed graham crackers.
Have a lovely Sunday!
Nutritionist in the Kitch