This delicious and healthy grilled chicken and veggie wrap is dairy free, easily gluten free, loaded with flavour and made in just 3 easy steps!
Healthy Grilled Chicken and Veggie Wrap
More than any other time of year I think Summer is the season of “on-the-go”. There’s road trips, pool days, picnics, and a million other activities that keep everyone moving and out and about enjoying the warm weather and sunshine. That’s why I think having delicious and healthy portable snacks and meal options are key. Otherwise, we make less healthy choices when hunger hits or forget to eat altogether, which is never a good thing. Wraps are the ultimate on-the-go lunch or dinner. You can stuff them full of healthy proteins, fats, veggies, and delicious flavours then literally…wrap it all up to go!
The recipe I’m sharing today is actually an older one from the blog that has stayed popular over the years and definitely deserves a big revamp, new photos, and time in the spotlight again, especially for summer. This healthy grilled chicken and veggie wrap is a grilling dream as it’s not just the chicken that’s grilled to perfection, the veggies and then the whole wrap gets grilled too! While you can definitely toss the chicken and veggies on the barbecue (or even in the oven), the ultimate tool for this recipe is the Cuisinart Griddler 5 I got from The Brick.
The Great Griddler
This nifty little kitchen appliance has been getting a workout lately as I’ve been grilling up chicken, veggies, and burgers on it, using the flat plates to make pancakes and also using it as a sandwich and wrap panini press. My hubby loves tuna melts and he’s been making them on the regular using the Griddler too.
The reason it’s called a “Cuisinart Griddler 5” is because it has the capacity to cook 5 different ways. You can use it as a contact grill, panini (or wrap) press, full grill, full griddle (flat rather than ridged, as the grill plates are reversible) and a half grill or griddle. One tool, five uses. That’s what I call convenience and space saving!
The Ultimate Chicken Wrap in Three Steps
This delicious and healthy chicken and veggie wrap comes together in three simple steps:
- Grill the chicken and veggies.
- Add the ingredients to a tortilla wrap.
- Grill/press the wrap.
The result is a crunchy wrap with a super flavourful filling mixed with sweet balsamic glaze, Italian seasoning, and if you prefer, feta cheese or a dairy-free cheese of choice. I love the Mediterranian inspired flavours, that the wrap is well balanced with protein, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, and fibre, and that it’s so easy to take on-the-go. Enjoy it hot off the griddler or cold if you store in the fridge for later, it’s delicious and healthy either way.
This is the third recipe I’ve created in partnership with The Brick and I’ve honestly had so much fun using their amazing small kitchen appliances. Each kitchen tool has multiple uses and really works to save time, space, and money, not to mention inspire healthy cooking and eating. I’ve whipped up No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls with the super sleek Cuisinart Custom Food Processor, Shredded Chicken Tinga Tacos with the Cuisinart Precision Master Stand Mixer, and now this Healthy Grilled Chicken and Veggie Wrap with the Cuisinart Griddler-5!
Pack a Grilled Chicken and Veggie Wrap for lunch along with some Peanut Butter Energy Balls for a snack, enjoy it all on-the-go and come back home to make some easy Tinga Tacos for supper. Sounds like my kind of summer day, don’t you agree??
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ zucchini, cut lengthwise into strips
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ½ bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 4oz skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons balsamic glaze (like balsamic vinegar but a thicker consistency, like honey)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese or dairy free cheese of choice (I used a dairy free feta, shredded mozzarella would be great too!)
- 2 large whole grain or gluten free tortilla wraps
- Preheat the griddler/grill to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss the vegetables with the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of balsamic glaze, ½ teaspoon italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- On a plate, season the chicken breast with the remaining italian seasoning and salt and pepper as well as a drizzle of olive oil.
- Spread the vegetables out over the heated grill and place the chicken breasts on the grill next to the veggies.
- Close the griddler so the top plate is just resting on the chicken breasts and grill everything for 15 minutes, slightly tossing the veggies every 5 minutes or so.
- After grilling for 15 minutes check that the chicken is completely cooked through, and if it’s not, transfer the grilled veggies to a bowl and continue cooking the chicken until completely cooked through (cooking time will be dependant on the thickness of your chicken breast).
- Once the chicken is cooked, transfer to a plate and let cool for 5 minutes then slice and divide the chicken breast and veggies between two large tortilla wraps.
- Sprinkle the basil over the chicken and veggies and add the cheese if using.
- Fold in the outer edges of the tortilla wrap and roll to enclose the chicken and veggie filling inside each tortilla wrap.
- Place the wraps on the hot giddler and close the top to use the griddler as a panini press to grill the wrap on both sides.
- Grill the wraps for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and enjoy or wrap in foil and save in the fridge for later or to take on-the-go.
If you liked this recipe be sure to check out these:
Lastly, don’t forget to PIN the photo below to save this recipe for later and of course, share the love!
Have a wonderful Sunday,
Christal // NITK
DISCLAIMER: THIS POST WAS MADE IN PARTNERSHIP AND SPONSORED BY THE BRICK. ALL THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.