Ah, Fall…with your crunchy fallen leaves, orange and yellow hues, crisp mornings, pumpkins, squash, and all things warm and cozy.
September, it’s bittersweet.
But, when I feel the looming dread of winter… I quickly try to remind myself of all the things I love about Fall (and Winter!) and do my best (my very best, although I may shed a tear here and there, seriously) to embrace the change of season bid farewell to Sweet Summer.
One thing that always helps me to embrace this seasonal shift is warm, nourishing, beautifully aromatic bowls of soup, stew, and chili! The deep, rich flavours that come with Fall are always welcomed!
So, today I thought I’d make a good attempt at lifting my spirits and put on my optimistic face by sharing some amazingly delicious Soup, Stews, and Chilis from around the blogosphere and NITK of course! Maybe you’ll find one, two.. or even three recipes that appeal to you too!
1. Cashew Cauliflower Soup with Herb Popcorn from Heartbeet Kitchen (photo cred: Heartbeet Kitchen)
2. Moroccan Chickpea Stew from Tasty Yummies (photo cred: Tasty Yummies)
3. Cleansing Paleo Blender Mulligatawny from NITK (yours truly!)
4. Healthy Carrot & Parsnip Soup from Eating Bird Food (photo cred: Eating Bird Food)
5. Vegan Blender Borscht from NITK (yours truly!)
6. Roasted Kabocha Squash, Carrot & Ginger Soup With Lamb Meatballs from So Let’s Hang Out (photo cred: So Let’s Hang Out)
7. No Bean Sweet Potato & Kale Turkey Chili from NITK (yours truly!)
8. Easy Chicken & Sprouted Rice Stew from NITK (yours truly!)
I love the creativity… popcorn instead of crackers?! meatballs… in your soup?! Such great ideas, and they all look wonderfully delicious… not to toot my own horn or anything… obviously I can vouch for the NITK recipes too… trust me, the Blender Borscht… to die for! 😉
How do you embrace Fall and bid farewell to Summer? Do you have a specific recipe that you make? A soup, stew, or chili? Or maybe a dessert? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!
Nutritionist in the Kitch