This easy and refreshing pineapple weight loss smoothie is a great addition to a balanced diet for healthy weight loss goals. It combines sweet pineapple with ingredients that boost metabolism, balance blood sugar levels, and energize the body. Dairy-free, gluten-free, and packed with nutrients!
Pineapple Weight Loss Smoothies with Balance in Mind
I don’t usually post healthy eating recipes that are specifically for weight loss, but I know at this time of year many of us have wellness goals that include weight loss.
I want to preface this post by saying there is nothing wrong with the desire for some weight loss! We live in a time where body positivity and self-acceptance is widely promoted and I am completely in support of this. But, it is also possible to practice self-love and acceptance while also journeying to establish a healthy weight that works for you!
There are many reasons why an individual may want to lose weight. I consulted as a Nutritionist for years helping people do just that. It was always a focus of mine to make sure my clients had realistic weight loss goals while also supporting them in a balanced approach.
This weight loss smoothie recipes is a twist on a smoothie I included in many client meal plans and it can help promote healthy weight loss in conjunction with a balanced diet!
Are smoothies a good way to lose weight?
Pineapple has many factors that can help aid in weight loss:
- It is relatively low in calories and contains a lot of water
- It is a good source of fibre and can help you feel more full and satisfied
- It contains natural digestive enzymes which support digestion (when the digestive system is running smoothly your body is better able to detoxify itself and this can help reduce water retention and inflammation, both of which can cause weight gain).
- It has a lovely naturally sweet taste while still being lower in calories and high in fibre, so it is a great alternative to foods that contain refined sugar (this can help curb overeating by making you feel fuller longer. It also helps the intake of sugary foods that cause weight gain)
How To Make The Pineapple Weight Loss Smoothie – Step By Step
Making this smoothie is a super simple and quick process. You can easily put this smoothie together for a quick breakfast, or pre-or post-workout snack.
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Add the spinach to the bottom of the blender, then add in the frozen pineapple and banana.
2. Next, sprinkle in the coconut.
3. Next, add the collagen peptides or protein powder.
4. Sprinkle in the matcha powder then squeeze in the juice from 1/2 a lime.
5. Pour in the almond milk and blend on high until completely smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Disclaimer, this pineapple weight loss smoothie is not magical (although it may taste that way!). If you are looking to lose weight it’s very important to establish a balanced diet plan that contains the right amount of calories and macronutrients for your individual needs.
This smoothie can be a great addition to your weight loss plan and it’s one you’ll want to enjoy again and again!
Do you currently have weight loss goals? Tell me about it in the comments and be sure to pin the photo below the recipe to save this one for later.