I’m keeping this post short and sweet (no pun intended!) today, after all it’s Friday so I’ll hold in my inner Chatty Kathy and let the picture’s do most of the talking…
I’m not sure what it is about the Fall season, but it makes me think of Maple Syrup. Maybe it’s the leaves changing colour, and the leaves are sometimes maple leaves, and then I think of maple, which leads me to syrup?? That’s quite possibly the thought process, but whatever it is Fall = Maple Syrup for me!
I decided to put some real Canadian Maple Syurp from my pantry to use by combining it with coconut oil, almond butter, and a little bit of coconut flour to create this delicious bark, then studded it with raw walnuts! Yep, that’s actually all that is in this recipe, just those 5 simple ingredients!
But the flavour.. ohhhh, the flavour!! This bark is rich, nutty, creamy, and so delicious! The best part, it’s healthy! This bark is made from a lot of healthy fat sources … almond butter, coconut oil, and walnuts!
Being that this maple walnut bark is higher in healthy fats, small portions are still satisfying, so, enjoyed little by little this delicious snack should last a while… unless you have a full house, then it might go a lot quicker!!
- ¼ cup natural almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add in the coconut oil, almond butter, and pure maple syrup and melt, stirring continuously.
- Once a smooth consistency is reached add in the coconut flour and whisk until well combined (be sure there are no clumps).
- Pour the mixture evenly into a 9x13 baking pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the mixture evenly and place the pan in the freezer.
- Let the bark set for 2 hours.
- Once set, break the bark into 12 (or more) pieces using a knife.
- Store in the freezer.
So… what are you making this weekend?
I hope it’s some Maple Walnut Bark!
On another exciting note… I’ve finally finished my upcoming eBook and have added a sneak peek of it here! Take a looksy loo! Available October 1st!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Nutritionist in the Kitch