Although I am a big advocate of having variety in the diet, I must admit, I eat this breakfast almost every single day. I just can’t get enough of it!! Not only is it healthy, it is high in fiber, heart-healthy, energizing, and tastes like heaven! It takes me literally a minute to throw together, and probably less to eat (although I try to take my time!!).
Breakfast, being a key meal of the day, should never be skipped, and honestly, if you try this one, you will have a really hard time skipping it! Eating a healthy breakfast with complex carbohydrates keeps you satisfied all morning, gives you energy for the day, and gives your digestive system a nice wake-up call in the A.M. Seriously, you HAVE to try this!!!
- 1 banana, sliced
- ¼ cup plain 0% fat Greek yogurt (the key here is PLAIN, flavored yogurt is FULL of sugar!)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened muesli (I get mine in the bulk section at the grocery store!)
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries/raspberries (or any other berries you may prefer – I got some Saskatoon berries from a friend the other day and I plan to try those!)
- a drizzle, little drizzle, of honey or pure maple syrup
- Place yogurt into a bowl, top with the muesli and chia seeds
- Top with sliced banana and berries
- Drizzle with honey or pure maple syrup
- Devour. You can thank me later 🙂
Nutritionist in the Kitch