It’s an especially exciting post today because I get to do another FANSTASTIC giveaway along with a wonderful recipe on Nutritionist in the Kitch! I seriously love this whole blogging gig, it’s awesome!
I was contacted by Natural Vitality last month in regards to reviewing some of their high quality products! I was already quite familiar with Natural Vitality before they contacted me as I have frequently recommended their CALM products to my nutrition clients on numerous occasions, so it was really neat that they reached out to me!
Natural CALM products containa powdered, easily absorbable form of magnesium citrate. Magnesium is a powerful mineral with many functions in the body; it helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, regulates heart rhythm and promotes healthy blood pressure levels, supports immunity, strengthens bones, and helps regulate blood sugars.
Natural CALM is termed the “Anti-Stress Drink” because magnesium also acts as a natural calming agent in the body!
It promotes muscle relaxation, reduces muscle tension, and can induce sleep for those who suffer from insomnia. On the other hand, symptoms of magnesium deficiency include anxiety, agitation, muscle tension, sleep disorders, restless leg syndrome, and irritability!
So, it’s important you get an adequate intake of magnesium in your diet! The recommended daily intake is around 400mg per day, and 1 serving of Natural Calm provides 325mg, over 80%!
I decided to use the orange flavored Natural CALM powder that they sent me with a few other great ingredients to make this delicious Orange ‘Dreamsicle’ Smoothie.
We all know I LOVE smoothies and I decided to name this smoothie “Dreamsicle” because it has that delicious orange “Creamsicle” taste, but with the added Natural CALM powder, this smoothie also works to promote calm and a sound sleep… and of course a night full of sweet dreams!!
This smoothie is incredibly simple, healthy, and delicious.
The hubby was my usual taste-tester and he right away said “Mmmmm!” followed with a “tastes just like a creamsicle popsicle!”… much healthier of course!
All I used was a combination of frozen banana, vanilla protein powder, and frozen orange wedges. I also added 1/4 tsp of tumeric to give this smoothie just a bit more of a natural orange hue! (The tumeric is undetectable and totally up to you wether you put it in or not!)
Next, I added in the orange flavored Natural CALM powder (which I first dissolved in hot water and allowed to cool, as the magnesium absorbs more efficiently in the body when completely broken down from a powder to liquid solution).
This amplified the orange flavor big time!
Natural CALM is naturally flavored and sweetened with stevia, with no additives, preservatives, or colorants, which is a big plus for me!
This smoothie can be made without the Natural CALM powder, it just won’t have the same anti-stress properties… it WILL still be delicious though!
Luckily, you can get yourself some Natural CALM powder by ordering online, or searching for a local retailer near you on the Natural Vitality website under “Where To Buy”!
- 1 large banana, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and separated then frozen
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use my favorite North Coast Naturals, this optional, if you do not have protein powder you can substitute ¼ cup of Greek yogurt, or use additional banana, or omit all together)
- 2 rounded scoops Orange Flavored Natural CALM powder (optional)
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 tsp tumeric (optional, solely for a color boost!)
- 4-5 large ice cubes
- Cut and freeze the banana and orange ahead of time.
- In a small glass, dissolve the CALM powder with ¼ cup hot water by stirring. Place in the fridge or freezer to bring the solution to a cold temperature.
- Place the frozen banana, orange, CALM solution, protein powder, tumeric, and ice in a blender and blend until a smooth thick consistency is reached. (Optional: If the mixture is too thick add water, unsweetened non-dairy milk, or freshly squeezed orange juice to dilute.)
Nutritionist in the Kitch
*The Natural CALM product(s) used for this recipe and post were provided to me by Natural Vitality. Aside from the actual product(s) used to create the recipe, I did not receive any monetary compensation from Natural Vitality and the opinions/review of the product(s) are entirely my own (Christal of Nutritionist in the Kitch).