This delicious, simple, and healthy creamy instant pot cauliflower soup is made with just a few simple ingredients. It’s dairy free, made with whole foods, and it’s vegan too.
Let’s Make Cauliflower Soup In An Instant Pot
There’s nothing like homemade soup. It’s warm, comforting, flavourful, and perfect for a chilly day.
In the fall and winter months this homemade instant pot cauliflower soup makes the perfect lunch or light dinner with a side of crusty bread or croutons, it’s so satisfying. You can also enjoy it alongside a salad or a sandwich of your preference.
Is it easy to make soup in an instant pot?
I never used to think about using my instant pot to make soup but it truly is so easy!
The beauty of an instant pot is that it has so many functions including a saute function so you can actually saute your veggies and base ingredients then pop the lid right on and pressure cook the soup until its done.
The bulk of this soup as the name suggests is cauliflower. I think this vegetable is often overlooked but it’s super healthy and contains a bunch of nutrients. Suprisingly, while being low calorie it still has loads of vitamin C, K, and B6, and it is high in fibre and minerals as well.
According the Healthline, cauliflower is a great source of antioxidants, it can support weight loss and weight management, and it is a great lower carbohydrate alternative to foods like rice or mashed potatoes.
Have you ever made cauliflower rice or cauliflower mash? If not you definitely should give these a try – I think you’d be pleasantly surprised!
Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup Ingredients
When it comes to ingredients, you need only a just a handful to make this velvety and delicious soup. Here’s what you’ll need.
When it comes to additional herbs and spiced, the sky’s the limit, but I love to keep it simple so I’ll share what I used, and you can change it up if you like!
- Olive oil
- Dried thyme
- Vegetable broth
- Unsweetened cashew milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Parmesan cheese (I used Earth Island dairy-free, but you can also use regular)
- Salt and pepper
- Croutons (I made mine from gluten free bread)
How To Make Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
To make the perfect, silky smooth cauliflower soup in your IP you need to follow a few simple steps! Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Set the instant pot to “SAUTE”, then press the sauté button again to select the “MORE” setting and adjust the heat to “HIGH”.
2. ADD in the oil, celery, onion, and garlic to the instant pot and SAUTE, stirring often for 5 minutes.
3. ADD in the cauliflower, salt, pepper, and thyme and SAUTE for another 5 minutes.
4. POUR in the broth, milk, and vinegar, then STIR and place the lid on the instant pot and toggle the top valve to “SEALING“
5. Press the SOUP setting and set to “NORMAL” volume and “HIGH” pressure, and 10-MINUTES cook time, and wait for it to start (the instant pot will take about 15 minutes to pressurize).
6. Once the cooking time is complete, with a knife or long spoon carefully toggle the top valve to “VENTING” to release the steam.
7. REMOVE LID then ADD in the parmesan cheese then using an immersion blender, blend until completely smooth (or transfer to a blender and blend until smooth).
8. SERVE hot soup in bowls and top with optional garnishes.
I hope you loved this recipe and will try this amazing version of homemade cauliflower soup…in the Instant Pot! Be sure to pin the photo below the recipe to save this one for later!
More Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love:
- Healthy Instant Pot Banana Bread
- Perfect Instant Pot Popcorn
- Instant Pot Basmati Rice
- Healthy Instant Pot Apple Butter