This delicious and healthy paleo pumpkin bread is super easy to make with just 5 simple ingredients! Great for pumpkin season or any time of the year you are craving pumpkin deliciousness!
Let’s Make Paleo Pumpkin Bread
Confession: I try to hold back, I try my best not to overload on pumpkin and practice restraint but it’s SO HARD during the fall months.
I know it would probably be annoying to post something pumpkin every week for two months… but there’s endless pumpkin possibilities! Like my delicious and healthy paleo pumpkin bread that comes together in a flash using just 5 whole food ingredients!
If you are a pumpkin pie fan like me, but want something on the healthier side that also happens to be dairy free, gluten free, and grain free, this bread is a must try.
What Makes This Bread Paleo?
When it comes to paleo eating, there are a few guidelines that a recipe must fall into. It must be grain free, gluten free, dairy free, and be essentially focused around whole foods
This bread is made without coconut flour which is made from coconuts and naturally grain and gluten free. The coconut flour works together wonderfully with pumpkin puree and the rest of the ingredients for a light and airy loaf.
Paleo eating also means that this pumpkin bread must be dairy free too! Instead of containing butter, milk, or other dairy ingredients like many dessert-style breads often do, this pumpkin bread does not need added dairy as the eggs and pumpkin puree, along with coconut oil bring in the necessary moisture.
Ingredients in Paleo Pumpkin Bread
To make this simple and healthy pumpkin bread recipe you only need a handful of simple ingredients, many of which you likely already have in your pantry or kitchen! All the ingredients are whole foods focused and even the sweetener, coconut palm sugar, is paleo-approved and unrefined.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pumpkin puree (homemade or organic canned is fine)
- Coconut palm sugar*
- Pumpkin pie spice*
- Coconut oil*
- Coconut flour*
- Baking soda
(*contains affiliate link)
How To Make Paleo Pumpkin Bread
Creating this pumpkin pie inspired bread is a serious breeze. It’s so easy you could make it with your eyes closed and it’s a really easy recipe to make with kids as well if you have little ones who like to join in when it comes to baking.
Here’s what you will do:
- Preheat your oven and line a loaf pan with parchment.
- In a bowl whisk (or beat with an electric beater) eggs, coconut oil, pumpkin puree, sugar, and spices.
- Add in the coconut flour and baking soda and mix again until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven then let cool, slice, and enjoy!
I chose to garnish my paleo pumpkin bread with almonds, shaved coconut, coconut sugar, and hemp seeds for extra flair!
Paleo Pumpkin Bread Recipe Variations
It’s always fun to change things up with baking when you have a super simple recipe like this one. It’s easy to switch and swap out ingredients to make something slightly different or new. Here are some fun ideas to add some extra oomph to this tasty bread.
- Chocolate chip: Bring in some yummy chocolate goodness by stirring in 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips to the batter before baking, and sprinkle the top with some more dark chocolate chips for good measure.
- Pecan crunch: I love adding texture to homemade dessert breads and loafs. Bring in some crunch by stirring in 1/4 cup of chopped pecans to the batter then sprinkle the top with more pecans for fun.
- Caramel drizzle: Caramel and pumpkin? Yes please! Make a simple homemade paleo caramel sauce using this recipe and drizzle over the bread before serving.
More Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love!