This air fryer banana is easy and delicious. Caramelized and lightly fried on the edges, it’s perfect for topping yogurt, ice cream, oatmeal, and more. Gluten-free, vegan, and healthy too!
Ways to Enjoy Air Fried Bananas
The beauty of these bananas is that there is a multitude of ways to enjoy them. I decided to add the air fryer banana to a bowl with yogurt and granola for this post, but that’s just one simple way.
Here are more ideas:
- over dairy-free vanilla ice cream for a bananas-foster-inspired treat
- mixed into warm oatmeal for a delicious addition of taste and texture
- layered between yogurt and granola in a parfait
- on top of taste spread with nut butter
- on top of pancakes or waffles for an added garnish
- mixed into chia pudding
Air Fryer Banana Ingredients
To make the bananas you need just 5 ingredients. Easy, simple, and most you likely already have in your pantry. This combination of ingredients gives the bananas a splendid roasted and caramelized texture and a flavour that’s lightly sweet and perfect for the uses I listed above.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)**
- pure vanilla extract
- olive oil
**I recommend using coconut palm sugar as it’s low-glycemic and brings in a subtle, rich sweetness that really goes well with the bananas and cinnamon. Brown sugar is a fine substitute as well but it is refined so it’s not as healthy as the coconut palm sugar.
Health Benefits of Banana
Banana is a fantastic fruit that has a lot of nutritional benefits. As a family, we enjoy bananas on a weekly basis and it was one of the first foods I introduced to both of my kiddos when they started solids.
- Are a great source of Potassium, Vitamin B6, Fibre, Magnesium, and Vitamin C
- Help to boost digestive health because of fiber content and ability to boost healthy gut bacteria levels
- Help support healthy blood pressure levels and overall heart health
How To Make Air Fryer Banana Step By Step
To make the air fryer banana you will need to follow just a few simple steps listed below:
1. Slice bananas on a slight diagonal and add to a bowl, then sprinkle in the sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
2. Toss together so that the bananas are coated.
3. Lightly grease the air fryer basket bottom with olive oil to prevent sticking.
4. Place the banana slices in the air fryer basket, being sure that none are overlapping.
5. Air fry at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
6. Serve bananas as desired and enjoy!
These bananas are so quick and easy, and can really take your peanut butter toast, oatmeal, chia pudding, or dessert to the next level. It’s like the cherry on top… but air fryer banana.