These delicious and easy oat flour pancakes are gluten free and dairy free, fluffy, and have just 6 common ingredients. They make a great healthy alternative to traditional pancakes. Made for the pancake lover in you.
Fluffy Oat Flour Pancakes
I just love delicious and healthy pancakes, and this oat flour pancakes recipe is now one of my new favourites. They have a great taste and the texture is spot on. Fuffy, a little stretchy, airy and light, with a perfectly sweet, subtle flavour.
If you haven’t used oat flour in cooking or baking yet, you are in for a lovely surprise. It’s a wonderful flour alternative that is naturally gluten free, with a fine texture and it works really well in pancakes.
Are oat pancakes unhealthy?
Everyone makes their own pancakes in their own way, but oat flour itself is very healthy so it really comes down to the other ingredients. If you are using lots of butter, milk, and sugar then maybe they aren’t the healthiest but if you stick to mostly whole foods with your oat pancakes, then yes!
My homemade pancakes version of oat flour pancakes are super healthy, rich in fibre and vitamins and minerals, and yet they still taste really delicious like a sophisticated breakfast cuisine!
What does oat flour taste like?
Oat flour has a wonderful subtle, earthy, and slightly sweet flavour that is really slight so it doesn’t make you wonder what you’re eating, lol! It is really delicious when prepared correctly and can often be substituted for regular flour in many recipes.
Oat flour pairs well with the natural sweetness in maple syrup and vanilla, and also goes well with savoury combinations like tomatoes and cheese. It blends well with other grains/gluten free flours in recipes.
These oat flour pancakes have an sweet flavour and airy, slightly chewy texture as the flour which is surprising because they are totally gluten free. Gluten often gives that “stretch” to bread and pancakes, so the oat flour is a great gluten free alternative. You’re going to love this oat flour pancake recipe.
Ingredients in Oat Flour Pancakes
To make these delicious and healthy gluten free pancakes you only six whole food ingredients that are gluten free and dairy free, and most of them you already have in your pantry or fridge!
|Here’s what you’ll need:
How To Make Oat Flour Pancakes
To make the fluffy pancakes you’ll follow a few simple steps, nothing crazy, and pretty much like any other pancake recipe you’ve made!
Cooking pancakes instructions:
1. In a large bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder.
2. In another bowl add the egg with the maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
3. Beat until smooth with a whisk or electric mixer.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and mix until completely smooth using a spoon or an electric mixer.
5. Lightly grease a large pan or griddle with your choice of olive or coconut oil and heat to medium-high heat.
6. Pour 1/3 cup scoops of the batter onto the pan/griddle and cook until bubbles begin to appear, then flip and cook another 1-2 minutes on the other side until lightly browned.
7. Repeat to make 10-12 pancakes.
8. Serve warm pancakes with fruit, maple syrup, or any other toppings you like.
The wonderful thing about this perfect gluten free pancake recipe is that it is very versatile and creates a blank slate for a variety of pancake additions and substitutions. I love getting creative with a basic pancake recipe to change it up depending on the season and the occasion. Here is some inspiration!
There are so many delicious ways to enjoy these oat flour pancakes and they are really easy to make! You can also use the batter to make Oat Flour Waffles if you are in a waffle mood…
Leftover pancakes can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Have you ever cooked or baked with oat flour? Tell me about it in the comments and be sure to pin the photo below the recipe to save this one for later!
More Gluten Free Pancake Recipes You’ll Love:
- Perfect Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes
- Healthy Cassava Flour Pancakes
- 10 Must-Make Healthy Buckwheat Pancake Recipes
- Simple, Healthy Banana Cinnamon Pancakes