Air Fryer Nachos Ingredients
When it comes to nachos there are so many different options and varieties. I made this recipe using my favorite toppings for nachos but you can simplify even more if you want or go to town with even more toppings like black olives and the like!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 cups corn tortilla chips (store-bought or try my homemade air fryer tortilla chips)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (dairy free or regular – I used Violife dairy free brand)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (dairy free or regular – I used Violife dairy free brand)
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
How To Make Loaded Air Fryer Nachos
When it comes to making the best nachos in the air fryer, there’s really only a few simple steps to follow!
1. Line the bottom of the air fryer basket with parchment paper or tin foil, rolling up the sides slightly.
2. Add one layer of tortilla chips, trying not to overlap the chips too much and top with 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
3. Repeat the process to make three layers of chips and cheese.
4. Cook in the air fryer for 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees (cooking time depends on the type of cheese you are using, less time for dairy free cheese, more time for regular cheese – check intermittently after the 5 minute mark).
6. Remove the air fryer basket when the cooking time is done and carefully transfer the nachos to a plate using the parchment or foil as a “bowl” to transfer the nachos.
7. Sprinkle with the toppings and serve with the salsa and guacamole. Alternatively you can layer the toppings (not including the cilantro) with the cheese and cook them, I just prefer my toppings to be fresh not cooked!
Can you air fry leftover nachos?
Yes you can! To reheat, simply place all of the nachos back in the air fryer basket and air fry the for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees.
These delicious nachos are full of flavour and super versatile. Change up the cheese variety or the toppings for your own twist on my air fried nachos if you want, or enjoy them as is, you won’t be disappointed!
Do you have own an air fryer yet? What type of delicious snacks or meals do you plan to try? Tell me about it in the comments and be sure to pin the photo below the recipe to save this one for later!
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
Have a great day!
Christal // NITK