This crunchy and simple rainbow salad is dairy free, gluten free, and perfect for a light meal or as a side, it’s healthy, delicious, and packed with nutrients!
Easy Rainbow Salad
This tasty and simple rainbow salad is so easy to make and perfect for a light meal, a side dish, and to bring to a gathering. It’s crunchy and fresh, loaded with texture and flavour, and is gorgeous as it’s bursting with color.
The salad actually only contains a handful of common ingredients aside from the dressing which is very easy to whip up as well! You can enjoy this delicious refreshing salad on it’s own or amp it up with grilled chicken breast or baked salmon.
Rainbow Salad Ingredients
To make this rainbow salad I literally considered the actual colours of the rainbow. I remember as a kid learning the acronym ROY-G-BIV to remember the colours – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. Here you’ll see every colour represented in the ingredients!
- Red cherry tomatoes
- Yellow cherry tomatoes
- Green onion
- Pistachios (or slivered almonds)
- Red onion (pickled is extra delicious)
- Red cabbage
Creamy Balsamic Salad Dressing
The dressing for this colourful salad is incredibly simple but pairs perfectly with the rest of the ingredients. It’s tangy, creamy, and slightly sweet.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Pure maple syrup
I love how subtle the tahini is but it adds a perfect touch of creaminess and blends wonderfully with the balsamic and the maple syrup.
Rainbow Salad Nutrition
There’s not a single thing that isn’t healthy about this colourful salad. It’s packed with nutrients including vitamins, minerals, fibre, and healthy fats. Here’s just some of what you’ll find in this tasty salad:
- Vitamin C – and lots of it!
- Vitamin K, A, and E
- B Vitamins
- Manganese, magnesium, iron, and selenium
- Omega fatty acids
How to Make The Salad
To make this salad you only need to follow a few simple steps:
1. Shred the cabbage and carrots, and dice/slice the cucumber, red onion, mint, tomatoes, and onion.
2. Add all of the vegetables, blueberries, mint, and pistachios to a large bowl.
3. In another bowl (or small/individual blender) add the dressing ingredients and whisk/blend until completely smooth (you can also use an immersion hand blender).
4. Drizzle the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss well to combine.
5. Serve immediately or chill and serve a couple hours later.
This crunchy, vibrant salad really is a show-stopper. It makes the perfect accompaniment to any meal and also serves a crowd well!
Have toy ever made a rainbow salad? Tell me about it in the comments and bve sure to pin the photo below the recipe to save this post for later!
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
- Easy Mango Avocado Salad
- Healthy Thai Salad with Lemongrass Dressing
- Classic Crunchy Marinated Vegetable Salad
- Vitality Kale Superfood Salad
Christal // NITK