These soft, pillowy, chewy, melt-in-your-mouth almond flour peanut butter cookies are so easy and made healthy with no refined sugar, no dairy, and no grains or gluten!
Soft, Pillowy Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut butter cookies have been a long time favourite for many people. They are a loved classic and it’s no question why…they are so delicious!
These Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies are a fun twist on the classic and are soft, pillowy, perfectly sweet, and so satisfying, not to mention – healthy!
How does almond flour affect cookies?
Almond flour tends to create a softer, lighter, slightly crumbly (but not fall apart) texture that creates a melt-in-your-mouth cookie.
Because almond flour is grain and gluten free you need to make sure you are adding proper binding ingredients such as eggs, flax, chia, or banana to the mix and you always want to make sure to let your cookies cool completely before eating as they become firmer as they cool and will not crumble apart!
Trying almond flour as an alternative to of white flour in cookies brings a nice healthy dose of fibre, iron, protein, and healthy fats. Almond flour has a more coarse consistency, and a nutty flavour, so it makes cookies slightly softer and more dense then regular white flour would.
I love using almond flour as a healthier refined flour alternative in baking and these cookies are a great recipe to start with if you’ve never tried it.
Healthy Swaps for Peanut Butter Cookies:
Classic peanut butter cookies are usually made with white flour, sugar, and butter. To make this classic cookie recipe healthier, try the simple swaps below. Or, make my almond flour peanut butter cookies or another healthier version you can find online!
- White all-purpose flour —> swap with —> Oat flour, almond flour, or brown rice flour
- White or brown sugar —> swap with —> coconut palm sugar or pure maple syrup
- Butter —> swap with —> applesauce, mashed banana, or coconut oil
For these swaps, you can typically use the equal amount of each called for in the less-healthy recipe or version.
Ingredients Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
Here’s what you’ll need to make these tasty cookies:
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Oil
- Egg (or use a “flax egg” for vegan)
- Natural peanut butter (no added sugar)
- Pure vanilla extract
- Pure maple syrup
- Baking soda
Optional Add In:
- Dark chocolate chips
How To Make Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies:
To make these delicious cookies you only need to follow a few simple steps. They are really so easy to whip up and area great recipe to make with little ones too.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and add almond flour and baking soda to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
2. In another bowl combine the egg, oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and peanut butter and mix with a hand mixer on low until smooth.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir to combine until a thick batter is achieved.
4. Make slightly smaller than golf-ball sized balls of the batter by rolling in your hands and place on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
5. Press the balls down with a fork to flatten the cookies then bake for 10-12 minutes.
6. Let cookies cool completely then enjoy!
Are you a fan of peanut butter cookies? Have you tried a healthier version? Tell me about it in the comments and be sure to pin the photo below the recipe to save this one for later!
More Healthy Cookie Recipes You’ll Love:
- Healthy Almond Flour Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- 16 Yummy Gluten Free Dairy Free Cookies
Have a great day,