These simple and delicious vegan blackberry muffins are fluffy, moist, packed with juicy blackberries, easy to make, paleo, gluten free, and vegan. A perfect healthy snack idea!
Delicious Vegan Blackberry Muffins
Blackberries are such a delicious berry but I feel like they always seem to take the sideline to more popular berries like strawberries and raspberries. I myself often forget to grab them at the grocery store but whenever I do I am quickly reminded how much I love them!
These delicious vegan muffins make the perfect healthy snack or addition to breakfast or brunch, and are bursting with delicious juicy blackberries!
When it comes to muffins there is a lot of variety out there. While generally though of as a healthy food, there are healthy muffins and others that are basically cupcakes masquerading as muffins. You know the ones I’m talking about — made with refined flours, loads of white sugar, and other processed ingredients.
These vegan blackberry muffins are legitimately healthy and very, very delicious.
Health Benefits of Blackberries
Blackberries are truly a superfood. They are full of nutrients and definitely pack a punch!
According to Healthline, they have many benefits that can’t be ignored including:
- Contain ample amounts of vitamin C to help boost immune function and help with reducing free radicals in the body
- Packed with dietary fibre to help support digestive health
- Have a good amount of vitamin K, manganese, and antioxidants
- Can support brain function, memory, and oral health
Ingredients in Vegan Blackberry Muffins
To make these delicious muffins you will need less than 10 ingredients that all are gluten free, grain free, and dairy free. These healthy muffins are also made with unrefined sugar for natural sweetness that won’t spike blood sugar levels!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Almond flour (also called almond meal, I recommend Bob’s Red Mill brand)
- Tapioca flour (Bob’s Red Mill or Let’s Do Organic are good brands)
- Coconut palm sugar
- Ground flaxseed
- Baking powder
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Olive oil
- Pure vanilla extract
How to Make Vegan Blackberry Muffins
To make these muffins you’ll need to follow a few simple steps. They are very easy to whip up and this is a great recipe to make with little ones as well!
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and make two “flax eggs” then set aside to thicken.
2. In a mixing bowl add the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
3. In another bowl combine the wet ingredients and add in the flax eggs which should be a gel-like consistency.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir until just combined (avoid over-mixing) then gently fold in the blackberries.
5. Pour the batter into 8 cavities of a lightly greased muffin pan (I recommend a silicone muffin pan) and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Recipe Variations and Optional Add Ins:
These tasty muffins are versatile and can be enjoyed in other ways if you want to switch them up for the day or for the season! Whether it’s changing up the flavour or texture with different add-ins you can definitely get creative.
Here are some delicious variations you can try:
- Raspberry or Strawberry: swap out the blackberries for other berries of choice such as raspberries or strawberries
- Banana: swap out the blackberries with diced bananas
- Chocolate Chip: omit the blackberries and swap with dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Lemon Blackberry: add in a subtle lemon twist by adding the juice of 1/2 lemon and 2 tablespoons of lemon zest to the muffin batter.
Have you tried muffins made with blackberries? Tell me about it in the comments and be sure to pin the photo below the recipe to save this one for later!
More Muffin Recipes To Check Out:
- Easy Banana Carrot Muffins
- 16 Must-Make Protein Muffins
- Easy Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- Fluffy Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins
Have a wonderful day!
Christal // NITK