This delicious and easy way to make frozen sweet potato fries in air fryer will make you never want to bake (or deep fry) fries again! They are healthy, flavourful, and crispy, perfect for dipping and come together in just 10 minutes.
How To Make Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in an Air Fryer
I’m going out on a limb today with a statement that these are the best sweet potato fries ever. They are super crispy, so tasty, and healthy! We love sweet potato fries in my household but none of us are a fan of waiting so, the air fryer cuts down on preparation time and they kick oven-baked sweet potato fries butt in my opinion!
Frozen fries can be tough to make taste as good as deep-fried fries with the same crispy, delicious texture. But, these truly hit it out of the park because of the handy dandy air fryer.
If you don’t own an Air Fryer yet (*affiliate link), I definitely recommend adding one to your must-have list. This small kitchen appliance is incredibly easy to use and gives so many different foods that delicious crispy, crunchy fried edge that a deep fryer does… without the deep frying.
Can you cook store bought frozen french fries in an air fryer?
This is a resounding yes! The air fryer is such a great kitchen appliance to get the perfect amount of crisp on these delicious sweet potato fries and all you need is just a touch of olive oil or olive oil spray.
One of the common problems with store-bought frozen fries is that they can still be somewhat soft and even slightly soggy when made in the oven. Luckily, there’s a solution. The air fryer circulates hot air all around the fries through the holes in the bottom of the fryer basket making sure the fries get crispy all over.
When these little fries are air-fried to perfection they can be served as-is or with a simple delicious homemade dipping sauce like my chive and garlic aioli.
Can you use PAM in an air fryer?
Yes! While I prefer to use traditional olive oil in the air fryer and to lightly brush the frozen sweet potato fries (this prevents them from sticking), you can also use olive oil PAM to give the air fryer basket a light spray and lightly spritz the fries as well.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
When it comes to making these frozen fries perfectly crispy and delicious, there are a few tips to follow for best results.
1. Be sure to brush the air fryer basket lightly with olive oil and brush the sweet potato fries in the air fryer basket (or spray with olive oil spray). This prevents the sweet potato fries from sticking to the bottom of the air fryer basket when cooking.
2. Do not overlap the frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer basket. This will allow for more even cooking so that each and every fry gets nice and crispy.
3. Be sure to pre-heat the air fryer for 3 minutes. Adding the frozen fries to a hot air fryer will help with the cooking process and ensure the fries get nice and crispy.
4. Enjoy fries hot right out of the air fryer. The same as deep-fried fries, the longer you wait to enjoy them, the softer and less crispy they become. Enjoy these babies right out of the air fryer for the best texture!
Which brand of frozen sweet potato fries should I use?
While you can use any brand you prefer, I love Alexia frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer as they have great flavour, are made from non-GMO sweet potatoes, and are lightly seasoned with sea salt, cane sugar, chili pepper powder, mustard. They also contain rice flower and tapioca starch to give them that restaurant-worthy sweet potato fry coating.
Some brands contain less natural additives, so are perhaps not as healthy, but overall most will be healthier than deep-fried restaurant sweet potato fries!
How To Make Step by Step:
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 370 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Once pre-heated, lightly brush the air fryer basket with olive oil (or cooking spray) and arrange frozen sweet potato fries evenly in the basket – make sure they are not overlapping.
- Lightly brush (or spray) the top of the fries with olive oil.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 9 minutes, stopping at the 7 minute mark to remove the basket, shake to flip the fries, and arrange again so none are overlapping, then air fry for 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce or as-is!
In my book, these frozen fries are a win-win. They are fast, the kids love them (so do my hubby and I), and they are a healthier alternative to regular fries.
Chive & Garlic Aioli Dip
I love aioli dips for sweet potato fries. This chive and garlic dip is so simple to make with real mayonnaise, lemon juice, minced garlic, and chopped chives. It compliments the fries so well and is a tasty alternative to ketchup!
Have you made frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer? Tell me about it in the comments below and be sure to pin the photo after the recipe to save this one for later.
If you make this recipe I’d love for you to give it a star rating in the recipe box below. Ratings are huge for a little ol’ blogger like me!
MORE OF MY FAVOURITE HEALTHY SWEET POTATO RECIPES:
- Honey-Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
- Homemade Vegan Gnocchi Recipe (Gluten Free)
- 16 Yummy Vegan Potato Recipes
Have a wonderful day!
Christal // NITK