It seems a bit ironic to be talking about Spring when we just got a huge dump of snow here in YEG…but it was officially Spring as of March 20th, and we really did have beautiful weather for the last few weeks so I’m moving in that direction and bringing Spring to NITK!
I know I mostly showcase my own recipes on the blog and have guests posts intermittently but there is such amazing talent and wonderful healthy recipes out there that I wanted to round-up some that I’d love to share with you! To me, all of these recipes are Spring inspired as they are either filled with seasonal Spring foods or they would make the perfect addition to the diet for some “Spring cleaning” after the heavier, filling meals of winter!
Strawberries, asparagus, spring onion, peas, cherries, rhubarb, and more… mmm… let the Springtime goodness begin!
1. Hibiscus Strawberry Rhubarb Iced Tea from Gourmande in the Kitchen
2. Broiled Grapefruit with Sea Salt + Vanilla Ginger Coconut Cream from With Food & Love
3. Carrot Cake Protein Smoothie Bowl from Me!
4. Apricot Truffles with Pistachios and Coconut from Tales of a Kitchen
5. Creamy Lime Avocado Tart from Eating Bird Food
1. Potato Salad with Green Beans and Asparagus from Green Valley Kitchen
2. Red Curry Roasted Spring Onions with Creamy Coconut Polenta from With Food & Love
4. Citrus Fennel and Avocado Salad from Foodie Crush (a little mix of savoury and sweet!)
5. Honey Roasted Strawberry and Feta Salad from Running to the Kitchen
(a little mix of savoury and sweet too!)
Wow. Don’t these all look so amazing… how to choose which one to make first?! I just love Spring… the birds chirping, the longer, brighter days, the ravine close to our house begins to turn green and becomes the most beautiful place for evening runs… ahh yes, I’m so ready for the season and I’m definitely ready to bring some of these fresh Spring flavours to the kitch! Aren’t you?!
On another exciting note – it’s only 3 more days until the next NITK guide in the NITK GUIDES SERIES is available. You asked for it, and I made it – a guide on getting more energy in a healthy, natural, nutritious way! Who doesn’t want more energy?!
Pop on over to my NITK GUIDES page to read about this new ENERGY BOOSTING GUIDE and keep the page bookmarked for Sunday when the book will be available!
Nutritionist in the Kitch