This delicious blackened salmon salad drizzled with a simple avocado dill dressing is a bright, glowing, and beautifying dish. It’s gluten free, dairy free, full of healthy omega-rich fats, and perfect for colder or warmer months!
This post has been sponsored by High Liner Canada.
A Glowing Blackened Salmon Salad
When it comes to filling, nutritious, and delicious salads, I’m game all year round. If you are a long-time NITK reader you’ll have noticed there isn’t any time a good salad recipe won’t pop up on the blog and today I’m sharing a real, real good one my friends. This Blackened Salmon Salad with simple homemade avocado dill dressing is a showstopper and it’s truly so easy to make!
I’ve teamed up with High Liner Canada to bring you this wonderful recipe that will make you feel glowing from the inside out. High Liner has been a leading North American producer of seafood products for years and they are dedicated to simplifying the process of selecting, preparing, and enjoying delicious fish and seafood. I’m all about simple-in-the-kitchen so this is right up my alley! One big thing that stands out to me about High Liner is that they are a global leader in best practice for wild fisheries and aquaculture and are all about sustainability. For today’s blackened salmon salad recipe I’ve used High Liner Signature Cuts Salmon Filets and they go wonderfully with the easy homemade blackening spice and an array of fresh veggies for the salad.
The Health Benefits of Salmon
Salmon is a serious superfood and is the star ingredient in this Blackened Salmon Salad. Here are just some of the several known benefits of salmon as stated by Healthline:
- Rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids which help reduce inflammation and blood pressure
- Great source of protein for muscle growth and repair and bone health
- Good source of B vitamins to boost heart and brain health, control inflammation, and increase energy
- Source of potassium and selenium which can improve bone health, and immunity, and lower blood pressure
Obviously salmon is a great food to include regularly in your diet!
How To Make a Blackened Salmon Salad
To make this delicious salad you’ll need to make the homemade blackening spice mix (which only takes a few minutes), the avocado dill dressing (again, only a few minutes), and the base of the salad. While the ingredients list might seem long, trust me when I say it’s a very quick and easy salad to whip up! Here’s what you’ll need:
Blackening Spice Ingredients:
This tasty spice mix makes the blackened salmon salad super flavourful and can be adjusted according to the heat level you prefer by increasing or lessening the amount of cayenne in the recipe.
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dried Thyme
- Dried Parsley
Avocado Dill Dressing Ingredients:
This simple dressing is loaded with healthy essential fats and is made easily in a blender or small mixer and is cool and creamy which compliments the heat of the blackening spice perfectly!
- White Wine Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
Blackened Salmon Salad Ingredients:
To make the salad you’ll simply rub the salmon filets with the blackening spice rub and bake them in the oven for just 10 minutes. You’ll then put together the base of the salad with the ingredients below and drizzle or toss with the dressing before topping with the blackened salmon. Here’s what you’ll need for the salad:
- High Liner Wild-Caught Signature Cuts Salmon Filets
- Mixed Greens
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Boiled Eggs (optional, but a delicious addition!)
How To Make The Blackened Salmon Salad
While the ingredients list seems a little long you’ll probably find you have most of these ingredients on hand and putting it all together is very simple! The steps are quick, straight-forward and make for one seriously delicious salad.
- Mix together the blackening spice ingredients in a bowl and rub over the salmon filets.
- Bake the salmon in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In a small blender or mixer, blend together the dressing ingredients until smooth and set aside.
- Add the salad base ingredients to 2 bowls and top each with a cooked blackened salmon filet.
- Drizzle or toss with the dressing and enjoy!
In just 20-minutes you’ll have a mouthwatering, healthy salad that is beautifying, nourishing and incredibly easy to eat any time of year!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy salmon? I’d love to read about it in the comments section! Be sure to pin the photo below the recipe to save this one for later and of course, share the love!
Find More Salad Inspiration Here:
- 17 Must-Make Winter Salad & Winter Bowl Recipes
- 10-Must Make Healthy Summer Salads
- Healthy Cold Soba Noodle Salad
- Fall Harvest Chopped Salad
- Vitality Kale Superfood Salad
- Healthy Taco Salad Recipe
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Christal // NITK