This delicious, easy, and super dreamy oat milk smoothie is perfect for a balanced breakfast or a healthy snack! It’s gluten free, dairy free, plant-based, and has the most incredibly creamy taste and consistency.
Creamy Oat Milk Smoothie in Minutes
It’s time for another simple, delicious, and healthy smoothie recipe!!
This nutritionally balanced oat milk smoothie is made with a mix of simple whole food ingredients and contains all of the macronutrients (fats, carbs, and proteins) along with micronutrients (vitamins and minerals). The oat milk makes the smoothie extra creamy and dreamy and brings in some added nutritional benefits.
I love the smooth flavour of this satisfying beverage and it’s just so simple and easy to whip up, even for the most novice smoothie-makers!
It sure does! The great thing about oat milk is that is has a very subtle flavour and does not overpower the taste of the smoothie.
It has an earthy taste that blends wonderfully with fruits like banana, strawberries, or other berries, and added ingredients like nut butter and protein powder.
If you like the taste of oats or even oatmeal, you’ll notice that same subtle flavour in the oat milk, which makes it a great breakfast smoothie option.
It’s honestly hard to think of any cons of oat milk but there are a few depending on your personal needs and preferences. Let’s start with the pros!
- It has a subtle flavour
- It contains a great amount of calcium and vitamin D
- It is relatively low in calories
- It is plant based, which makes it great for those who have dairy intolerances or allergies
- It is creamier than most dairy-free milks
- Unless the carton states it is gluten free certified it can contain traces of gluten so may not be suitable for those with gluten allergies
- While subtle, it does have a distinct oat flavour, so if you do not like oats, you will likely not enjoy oat milk
- It contains more natural sugar than nut milk alternatives
Oat Milk Smoothie Ingredients
How To Make an Oat Milk Smoothie:
To make this easy smoothie follow the simple steps below.
- Add the frozen banana, ice, cinnamon, maple syrup, and nut butter (if using) to the blender.
- Pour in the oat milk.
- Add in the protein powder (if using).
- Blend until smooth, pour into a glass, and enjoy!
More Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love:
- Creamy Blueberry Avocado Smoothie
- Best Green Spirulina Smoothie
- Fresh Lemon Ginger Detoxifying Smoothie
- Best Watermelon Banana Smoothie