Let’s Eat Oven Baked Zucchini Chips!
How to Make Zucchini Chips:
I want to encourage you that aside from the above pointers, which are relatively simple, these oven baked zucchini chips are incredibly easy to make and it’s actually a bit of a fun process. Slice, dip, dredge. Slice, dip, dredge. You’ll see what I mean when you read the recipe.
Everyone deserves chips now and then and why not enjoy a healthier version. These baked zucchini parmesan chips are actually pretty low in calories, low in saturated fats, and they totally satisfy a salty-tooth hankering. Not to mention they are made with baked zucchini, but I guarantee your veggie-hating littles will never know that! For the parmesan I used Earth Island dairy free parmesan which by far is the best dairy alternative parmesan cheese I’ve had. The texture is great, the taste is awesome and it’s made with mainly potato starch, certified organic palm oil and water, and it also melts like a charm on these zucchini chips.
Have you ever made healthier veggie chips? Which kind is your favorite? I’d love to read about it in the comments below!
- ¼ cup dry gluten free breadcrumbs (store-bought or homemade)
- ¼ cup grated dairy-free parmesan, I used Earth Island (or regular parmesan cheese)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2½ cups zucchini, sliced into ⅛" thick rounds
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease the top of a wire cooling rack with the coconut oil and place on a regular baking sheet.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl stirring with a whisk.
- Add almond milk to a small bowl.
- Dip zucchini slices in milk and then dredge the slice in the breadcrumb parmesan mixture to lightly coat both sides.
- Place coated slices on the wire rack.
- Repeat with each slice until all are coated and evenly dispersed on the wire rack.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and crisped, watch closely to make sure the chips don't burn!
- Enjoy immediately and dip in a healthy ranch or marinara sauce if preferred!
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out these:
Sweet Chili Acorn Squash Chips with Avocado Ranch Dip
The Best (Baked) Herb & Garlic Fries
Be sure to pin the photo below to save this delicious zucchini chip recipe for later and of course, share the love!
Have a lovely Sunday,
Can you air fry them?
Definitely, I haven’t tried but I believe you could for sure!