Whether it’s the middle of winter or the heat of summer you’ll always find me blending up cool, creamy, delicious smoothies, and the week before Christmas is no exception!
This past month I’ve been working on revamping an old gingersnap recipe of mine so I’ve had a lot of cookies laying around the house waiting to be devoured. As much as I love just munching on healthier cookies as a snack or treat, I also like to find creative ways to incorporate them into other recipes like a dairy-free cheesecake crust, ice cream treat, or in this case, a festive smoothie!
Using my favourite Silk unsweetened vanilla almondmilk I created this sweet and satisfying Gingersnap Smoothie with whole-food ingredients and the addition of one of my Healthy Gingersnap Cookies to make a great (fast and easy) treat, snack, or breakfast during the holiday busyness.
The vanilla almondmilk blends wonderfully with chia seeds, banana, pineapple (I know pineapple seems like an unexpected ingredient for this smoothie but trust me on this one!), molasses, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, and dates.
The frozen banana and pineapple bring in vitamins along with cool sweetness, yet with the addition of the molasses and spices, the flavours of the banana and pineapple are actually somewhat muted, which is important in order to let the “gingersnap” flavour really shine.
Molasses adds in a great dose of minerals including iron, calcium, and magnesium, and the chia seeds bring in filling fibre and healthy fats. Silk’s unsweetened vanilla almondmilk creates the perfect silky texture while adding in more calcium and vitamin E.
I also love that Silk’s unsweetened almondmilk is non-GMO, allergen-friendly, and contains no added sugars, artificial colors, or flavors.
We are going to be pretty busy over the next couple of weeks as we travel from place to place to take in all of the Christmas festivities, family gatherings, and events, but I definitely plan to find some time to just sit back, relax, and cherish the holidays with Justin and Hemsley.
With it being Hemsley’s first Christmas, I really want to start a new family tradition with just the three of us that we can build on over the years. Setting aside a day or two around the holiday season to sit by the fireplace, eat some treats, watch Christmas movies, and enjoy each other sounds perfect, and I’ll probably be blending up at least one of these Silky Gingersnap Smoothies for us all to enjoy.
Hemsley has become quite the little smoothie connoisseur!
Whatever your plans for the holidays I hope you can find some time to first, relax, put your feet up, and soak it all in, and secondly, blend up a Silky Gingersnap Smoothie for yourself!
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk
- ½ medium banana, frozen
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 pitted medjool date
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder of choice (optional)
- 5 ice cubes
- Optional Gingersnap Cookie Crumble:
- 1 Healthy Gingersnap Cookie (click for recipe)
- In a small bowl add the chia seeds and 3 tablespoons of the almond milk, stir and set aside for a few minutes to thicken.
- Add all of the other ingredients to a high speed blender and then pour in the thickened chia seed mixture.
- Blend everything until completely smooth.
- If using the cookie crumble, break one gingersnap cookie in half and crumble one half of the cookie then add to the bottom of your empty smoothie glass, next pour in the smoothie, and lastly crumble the remaining half of the cookie to top the smoothie.
Have a lovely Sunday!
Christal // NITK
THANK YOU TO SILK FOR SPONSORING THIS POST. FIND AMAZING RECIPES AND INSPIRATION BY FOLLOWING SILK ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND TWITTER OR SIGN UP TO THEIR NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE SPECIAL OFFERS ON SILK PRODUCTS!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.