Get my top 10 healthy detox tips, and learn about my affordable, doable, practical and enjoyable 10-Day Green Smoothie cleanse!
I hope you had a wonderful start to the year and if you set any resolutions or goals that you are still following through with them….for the most part! One of my goals was to get to bed earlier (I can be such a night owl!) and I can’t say it’s gone perfect so far, but I am definitely a lot more mindful about my bedtime. I find January is kind of a trial month when it comes to resolutions, aspirations, and goals. There’s lots of ups and downs as you adjust and lessons to be learned. February tends to be the time when everyone feels like they’ve finally fully bounced back from the busy holiday season in terms of energy and finances. It’s a great month to hone in on your goals and remember that if things didn’t go as planned the first month, that’s OK, you can always start fresh or carry on with refreshed motivation the next month!
The 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse
My 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse is officially here and I’m so excited about it! I created this cleanse as an approachable, realistic, and practical way to boost energy, motivation, and digestion while also proving that it can actually be fun and enjoyable to cleanse and detox, it doesn’t have to feel like a super restrictive endeavour.
When I created this smoothie cleanse program I kept the average person in mind, not a super intense health junkie. Someone who just wants to make small and steady healthy changes and be inspired to get into the kitchen more, create healthy meals, and be able to boost their energy and wellness with realistic and practical tasks. The cleanse has received great reviews that reiterate exactly my intention with this program: simple, realistic, enjoyable, and straight-forward. No fluff, no deprivation, just some really amazing smoothie recipes to boost your body’s natural detoxification process.
The 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse is helping tons of people who want to take on a practical and doable cleanse and reap the rewards! I’ve actually done the cleanse myself a couple times and love it. I’ve even had many cleansers tell me they have repeated it a few times over the year.
I’d love for you to try out the 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse and I also want to share with you my top 10 detox tips to help you get the most out of your cleanse!
My Top 10 Detox Tips
1. Start Smart: Before starting any cleanse or detox (even my gentle green smoothie cleanse!) it’s important to make sure it is safe for you to embark on the cleanse. If you have any underlying health issues or diagnosis, or are taking any medications, it’s a good idea to check with your doctor, a naturopath or trusted health professional before beginning. Every body is different so everyone will respond to a cleanse or detox differently. Do your due diligence and start smart!
2. Listen To Your Body: During the cleanse or detox make sure you are listening to your body. If you are feeling tired – rest, if you are feeling extra hungry – fuel up with some healthy snacks like raw nuts or veggies and hummus, if you experience a headache – try drinking additional water. Even though you are cleansing you shouldn’t have to suffer with feeling junky the whole time. Be flexible and do what will make your body feel best. If you are feeling truly horrible during a cleanse or detox one to two days in or consistently through the cleanse, consider taking a break as it might not be the best time for you to be detoxing.
3. Go Organic: With my green smoothie cleanse or when embarking on any other cleanse, it’s important to try to stick to organic, natural, whole foods as these will be the most gentle on your system as your natural detoxification organs are doing their work!
4. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate: During a cleanse or detox your body is working hard at eliminating toxins and waste. Drinking lots of water during the cleanse will help your body with the elimination process and ensure you stay hydrated and avoid dehydration which can be a risk when doing any cleanse or detox. Aim to drink 2-3 litres of water each day during your cleanse, this will also help to keep energy levels up!
5. Get Lots Of Rest: As I mentioned already, during a cleanse or detox your body is working hard so it’s important to give yourself extra rest and take it easy. Get at least 8 hours of sleep each night and if you have the freedom to, take a short nap during the daytime to give your body that rest it needs.
6. Ditch The All Or Nothing Attitude: When starting your cleanse, remind yourself that you won’t give into the “all or nothing attitude” meaning that if you have one off day or even a missed meal or aspect of the cleans,e you won’t stop it altogether. Depending on how long your cleanse or detox is meant to last, even for my 10-day green smoothie cleanse, there might be one day where things don’t go as planned and that’s fine! Pick up right where you left off and continue. Doing this greatly increases your chance for overall success and actually finishing what you started, even if it didn’t go perfectly. Perfection is never expected!
7. Hold Off On The Booze: While I don’t believe in complete restriction or deprivation during a cleanse or in your diet in general, I do think that holding off on alcohol just while you are doing a cleanse or detox is beneficial. Your liver does so much work during this time and it’s important to best support your detoxification organs, consuming alcohol will only impede this process so it’s best to avoid it during your cleanse as much as possible.
8. Eat Mindfully & Slowly: With my 10-day green smoothie cleanse you’ll still be eating plenty of food but other cleanses sometimes require less food intake, either way, when you are eating during a cleanse take time to savour your smoothie or meal, and chew any food fully as this will help support digestion and increase digestive enzyme production. You’ll also feel more satisfied after eating and enjoy the process more!
9. Chill Out: As with sleep for your body, it’s important to also rest your mind and reduce stress during a cleanse as your body is working hard to detoxify. Try to keep your schedule from being over-loaded with appointments or commitments and give yourself extra time to just hang out and relax, read a book, or have a bath.
10. Keep A Log: Before you begin your cleanse write down your main pain-points or the symptoms you feel often that you are hoping to resolve with the cleanse (ie. feeling sluggish, lots of sugar cravings, constipation) as it’s easy to forget these when going through a cleanse as your body feels a little off anyway during the detox (which is normal!). Then, nearing the middle of the cleanse, log any changes in these symptoms, and when it’s over after a few days log how you are feeling. This will give you a clear insight into how the cleanse helped and will be motivation to continue forward with better habits!
Be sure to pin the photo below to save this post for later and of course, share the love!
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Christal // NITK
(*Kitchen/Blender photo by Alison Marras (@foodbymars) via Unsplash.com)